CS 338: Graphical User Interfaces
Project Stage 2: Prototyping and Evaluation
- Match between system and real world
- are there any real-world metaphors and/or analogs used?
- if so, do they match how the real-world objects interact?
- User control and freedom
- are users able to choose several/many paths of interacting?
- are there exits for mistaken choices?
- Consistency and standards
- is there a consistent look & feel throughout the interface?
- Error prevention
- does the interface attempt to minimize possible user errors?
- Recognition rather than recall
- does the system fill in known information when possible?
- Flexibility and efficiency of use
- are there special shortcuts that experts can use for efficiency?
- can users record/tailor actions to suit their needs? (advanced)
- Aesthetic and minimalist design
- is the layout/interaction minimal, without extra unneeded baggage?
- Help and documentation
- are the labels clear and concise?
- when necessary, is there help available?