This demonstrates some algorithms that a smartphone might use to determine what word a user may have intended to type when typing a given string.
- First, load a "dictionary" of words on separate lines that provide the smartphone with its knowledge base. A sample dictionary of roughly 5000 words can be found here.
- Copy the dictionary and paste it into the "Dictionary" column, then click "Load Dictionary".
- Type a word to be identified in the "Unidentified Word" column, then click "Lookup Word". You can either type into the text box, or click the keys on the keypad below.
- The "Output" column shows the results: word(s) with most matching letters, and words in order of likelihood by number of matching letters.
- Example: type "hikd" as the word to search for.