- Understand why binary is used to represent information on
- Be able to convert binary numbers to decimal and decimal
- Be able to perform addition and subtraction in binary (without
converting to decimal "in between")
- Know the meaning of computer related numerical terms, such
as byte, kilo-, mega-, etc.
- Understand how integers, positive and negative, are stored
on a computer.
- Use the two's complement method to find the computer representation
of a negative number.
- Understand how computer representation of integers leads
to overflow error.