Lecture 2: Generating Permutations
- Number representations (binary, decimal, arbitrary base).
- List processing.
Continue to work through introductory Maple material. Review the combinatorics package,Maple lists, Maple procedures, Recursive Maple procedures.
- (maple online tutorial and help).
- New users tour
- Introduction to worksheets
- Help guide
- Lecture 1 notes on permutations and FindMax.
- Recursive program to generate all permutations.
- The Maple rand() function.
- Generating random permutations.
- Mixed-radix numbers.
- Factorial numbers and iteratively generating permutations.
Maple worksheets and programs
Created: Sept. 28, 2006 by email@example.com
- None - continue experimenting with Maple.