Lecture 3: Dominos and Fibonacci Numbers
- Recurrence relations.
- List and string processing.
- Computing time analysis.
- Asymptotic growth rates.
Continue to work through introductory Maple material. Review the combinatorics package, Maple lists, Maple procedures, Recursive Maple procedures.
- (maple online tutorial and help).
- New users tour
- Introduction to worksheets
- Help guide
- Recursive procedures.
- Fibonacci numbers.
- Generating all possible sequences of dominoes that fill a 2 X n rectangle.
- Computing time for recursive and iterative procedures to compute
- Fibonacci numbers, the golden ratio, and rsolve.
- option remember.
Maple worksheets and programs
fib.mw - Maple 10 worksheet for lecture 3
Created: Oct. 2, 2006 by email@example.com
- assign1.mw - assignment 1 (empirical algorithm analysis, combinatorial generation, permutations, sorting) - due Oct. 13 by 11:55 pm.