Lecture: Newton's Method and Fast Division
- Karl Hasselstrom, Fast Division of Large Integers, M.S. Thesis,
Royal Institute of Technology, February 2003.
- Donald Knuth, The Art of Computer Programming, Vol. 2, 3rd Ed.,
Sec. 4.3.3D, 1998, pp. 311-313.
- Newton's Method
- Reciprocal Computation
- Convergence of Newton's Method
- Fast Division using Newton's Method
Slides and Worksheets
Created: Nov. 2, 2010 by jjohnson AT cs DOT drexel DOT edu
- newton_div.mw - worksheet on Newton's method and fast division
- Notes on convergence of Newton's method(Convergence.pdf)