General Assignment Grading Policies
- 16% will be deducted if handed in after initial due date
- 100% will be deducted if not haneded in after late due date... I don't even want to see it.
- 20% will be deducted if program does not compile
- Points will be taken off in regard to severity of error, a list of categories are listed below: (Penalities are based on an arbitrary point scale and in compound to a non-compiling program penalty )
- Minor syntax error: -(0-10) (example, forgetting the semi-colon... or anything that I can figure out and fix under 2 minutes)
- Major syntax error: -(5-45) (example, the point of the assignment was to make a loop and you screwed that up... but I can still fix it in a few minutes)
- Minor concept misunderstanding: -(10-25) (example, you didn't follow the instructions perfectly or something stupid like that)
- Major concept misunderstanding: -(25-50) (example, you just totally missed the point, whatever it may be)
- A total mess, unsalvageable, but you tried: -??? I will give points for effort
- A total mess, unsalvageable, but you didn't try: -100% I will give you no credit if you didn't even try (you can only fall under this category if you try to not try)
- Points can be deducted as a group for similar problems or taken off individually depending on the nature of it. For example if you are to write 4 functions that print different number of stars and you implement only 1, you will get points off individually for each of the 3 that you didn't do. But say if you didn't declare an integer right 4 times I will only deduct points for it once.
- Total of points will be specified on gradesheet (unless otherwise specified)
- Point distribution will be specified on the gradesheet
- If WebCT doesn't like it or you are only a few mintes late, email it to me... Once again, Kurt doesn't want to see it.
- All grades are negotiable, just don't grub because it doesn't help.