- Programming Constructs (any language)
- Unix Commands, Editor, and File System
- Using the shell
- making new commands
- control structures
- Shell Scripts
See ~kschmidt/public_html/CS265/Labs/Bash on the CS
machines. There are a bunch of examples there. If there's something that's
not, lemme know, I'll put one in there.
- eg.bash (sample shell script)
- args.bash (example shell script to
illustrate parameter passing)
- getopts.bash (example shell
script to illustrate handling options)
Many of the books listed here are available through safari (Drexel students
look under ebooks at
-  [] and other tests, from IBM DeveloperWorks
- Brian W. Kernighan and Rob Pike, The Unix Programming
Environment, Prentice-Hall, 1984.
- Arnold Robbins, UNIX in a Nutshell:
System V Edition, 3rd Edition, O'Reilly, 1999.
- Cameron Newham and Bill Rosenblatt, Learning the bash
Shell, 2nd Edition, O'Reilly, 1998.